Thursday 16 July 2015

The Books On My Holiday TBR List

Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

I'm going away for two weeks tomorrow to visit my boyfriend, then stay with my sister and finally spend a week with my family in the countryside,* so I've gathered together a collection of books to read whilst I'm away. I don't expect to get through all of these but I'm not sure what I'll fancy reading so I've packed a range of choices!

Of these books, I'd definitely like to finish City of Ashes. I started it a couple of weeks ago for the second month of the #tmireadathon on twitter but I haven't got round to finishing it yet. I also jumped right on the Go Set A Watchman bandwagon this month even though I've never read To Kill A Mockingbird so I picked up this beautiful clothbound edition of To Kill A Mockingbird so I can read them both together.

I also recently started reading Meant To Be and A Court of Thorns and Roses so I've bought them along to finish. I have to admit I didn't really have any expectations of Meant To Be but it's made me laugh so much so far! The main character is also a huge book nerd and there are lots of relatable bookish quotes in it so I'm looking forward to finishing it!

Finally, I'm also bringing along The Lord of the Rings. One of my bookish resolutions for 2015 is to finish LOTR and for some reason I tend to have an urge to read fantasy books when we're on holiday in the countryside (perhaps I feel like I'm having my own Hobbit-y adventure?!). Hopefully it'll satisfy that craving!

Have you read any of these books? Which ones would you recommend?

Currently reading: Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
Currently listening to: Video Game by Boys Republic

*Although holidaying in the countryside sounds very posh, we essentially camp out in an old army cabin in the middle of a field for a few weeks over the year! Oh so glamorous dahhhling ;)

2 comments:

  1. ACOTAR is so good!!!! I really hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I've heard so many good things about it! I'm looking forward to getting properly stuck in!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...