Tuesday 14 July 2015

June 2015 Book Haul

Physical books:
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The 100: Homecoming by Kass Morgan
Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine *
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Pride and Prejudice (Jack Wills x Penguin edition) by Jane Austen
St Pancras Station by Simon Bradkey
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Kindle books:
On The Fence by Kasie West
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Oh. My. Gosh. Where to begin this month's haul?! As you can see, my bookshelves gained a lot of books in June. I wanted some YA standalones to read so I went on a bit of a spree for those but I don't know what happened after that!

I'm really looking forward to reading Red Queen, A Court of Thorns and Roses and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell in particular. I've only read the first book in Sarah J. Maas's other series, Throne of Glass but I really enjoyed her writing so I'm looking forward to trying this new series. I also really want to get to Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell soon as I've been loving the television show. The only thing is this book is absolutely massive - so huge that you could probably knock someone out with it - so I don't think I'll be able to take it with me on holiday when I go in a few weeks!

I also came across these awesome early UK editions of City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare so naturally, I had to buy them (you can see the front covers here)! I've now got three different editions of City of Bones but with the beautiful new UK editions that came out recently, plus the new TV show launching next year... I think I'll be adding to my Shadowhunter collection again shortly!

Have you read any of these books? Which books would you most recommend?

Currently reading: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (re-read)
Currently drinking: Nutty Chocolate Flavour Assam by Twinings
Currently listening to: What U by Speed

* I received Fire Colour One from Maximum Pop! Books to review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...