Tuesday 4 August 2015

July 2015 Wrap Up

The books I read in July (in order read):
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: 3/5
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Rating: 2/5
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
Rating: 2.5/5
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (re-read)
Rating: 5/5
Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland [my review here]
Rating: 4/5

So, I only managed two of the book from my holiday TBR list... Oops.

Before I went on holiday I read The Raven Boys and The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden. There was so much hype about The Raven Boys that I thought I was sure to love it but unfortunately it was not to be. I didn't find myself really connecting with the characters or the storyline. However, it was still an interesting read so I gave it 3 stars. As with most first books from the beginning of a series that I'm not entirely sure about, the next book in this series will probably make or break the series for me. I had even less luck with The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden. I know a lot of people love this book but it just wasn't my kind of thing at all.

Then, when I was on holiday I read Meant to Be, City of Ashes and Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter. Meant to Be had so much potential at the start. There were so many quoteable, bookish lines and it had me laughing out loud a lot but unfortunately the book fell prey to a lot of typical YA downfalls later on. I did really enjoy Lauren Morrill's writing though so I've not been put off reading another of her books. Then, after finishing City of Ashes for the #tmireadathon, I read Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's all about positivity, happiness and kindness which I am 100% for! I believe Louise has another book coming out soon which I will definitely be buying as soon as it's available.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?

Currently reading: Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Currently listening toChampagne by TVXQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...