Tuesday 19 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Recommended Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish which each week features a differently-themed list related to reading or books. To learn more about this meme click here and you can view their original post on this week's theme here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is to list the top ten books that are most recommended to you. Most of my recommendations come from Instagram, but I've also listed a few books the boyfriend has recommended me and some books that I've seen widely hyped in general!

Recommendations from Instagram
1. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen: This one has been recommended a lot to me on Instagram! It's got mixed reviews on Goodreads but I'm definitely going to give it a go when I get the chance.
2. Longbourn by Jo Baker: SO EXCITED TO READ THIS. I've only heard good things about this book. I plan to read this as soon as I've finished my current TBR list!
3. Fallen by Lauren Kate: Another book with mixed reviews but I want to try to read it before the film comes out next year.
4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer: This has been recommended to me both through Instagram and through one of my friends who kindly bought me a copy of this book! The Host is my book jar of the month for August so hopefully soon I'll understand all the hype.
5. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare: I KNOW. The only thing putting me off is the fact that I need to re-read all of the previous books in the series before I start this one and at the moment I've got so many books to read that this will have to wait for a while!
6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I've had this on my Kindle for over a year but I've not got round to reading it yet. I see this book constantly recommended on Instagram so I will definitely read it at some point.

Recommendations from the boyfriend
7. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin: I started the first book last month and while it has been taking me forever to read, I've been really enjoying it so far (even if I have had to keep a track of all the characters's names on multiple pieces of paper...)!
8. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien: I read the first book/half of The Fellowship of the Ring about a year ago but I never got round to finishing it. I hope I pick this series up again because The Hobbit is one of my favourite books so it would be nice to complete the story!

General recommendations
9. Sarah Dessen's books: I've seen her books talked about everywhere and although I've read two of her books (That Summer and The Truth about Forever) I didn't get on with them very well but I'm determined to persevere!
10. Rainbow Rowell's books: I read Fangirl for the first time last month and fell in love with it so it's no wonder the rest of Rainbow's book are also highly recommended!

Have you read any of these books?

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

Book covers from Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...