Sunday 31 August 2014

August Wrap Up & September To Be Read (2014)

Books I read in August:
The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
Rating: 3/5
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Rating: 4/5
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Rating: 5/5

Compared to the seven books I read in July this month has been a bit of a poor effort! I only managed to read two of my August TBR books as well, whoops! The first was The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen and the second, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. This is the second Sarah Dessen book I've read (the first being 'That Summer' which I didn't like at all) and I'm sad to report that I still can't understand the hype with her books. I'm still determined to carry on reading them though so if I come across more of her books in a charity shop I'll give them a go. I did however really enjoy A Game of Thrones and I plan to post a review of it soon.

The other book I read this month was If I Stay by Gayle Forman in preparation for the film that has recently come out. Even though it wasn't the kind of book I'd usually enjoy (I usually avoid books with sad topics such as this one like the plague), I found that I did like it. I especially loved Mia and Adam's relationship. I think this book will work very well as a film so I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.

Books I intend to read in September:
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bron
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

I'm starting my second year of university in September (at a new university, eek!) so I'm only going to put the bare essentials on my reading list as I don't know if I'll get that much time for reading. As I didn't manage to read my August book jar book, The Host, I've carried it over to this month's TBR. In addition my September book jar read is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I'm really excited to read this one as I've always enjoyed the TV and film adaptations so I'm hoping I'll fall in love with the actual book too. I'd also like to carry on with the A Song of Ice and Fire series by reading the second book, A Clash of Kings.

What did you read in August?


Book cover images from Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I love If I Stay, but I read Where She Went this month and I love it even more. I get where you're coming from with Sarah Dessen. It can be hard to get into her books. My favorites are Dreamland, Along For The Ride, and Someone Like You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for letting me know, I'll have to look out for those three to try next! I'll have to get to Where She Went soon as well, I've heard a lot of good things about it :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...