Monday 6 October 2014

Meeting Holly Black and Cassandra Clare!

On Saturday 4th October my friend and I traveled to Bath to attend the Bath Festival of Children’s Literature event for Holly Black and Cassandra Clare's new book, The Iron Trial! The event consisted of a 45 minute talk about The Iron Trial and questions from the audience, followed by a book signing. I've been lucky enough to meet Cassandra Clare before at a previous signing but this was my first time meeting Holly Black and she certainly didn't disappoint! They were both so hilarious and interesting together and so, so sweet! It was really interesting to hear about The Iron Trial in more detail as well. I'd previously read 7 chapters of it before the event but I'm very excited to finish it now!

After the event we could get two books signed - a copy of The Iron Trial and another book of our choice. As I've not read any of Holly Black's books I decided to buy a copy of The Coldest Girl In Coldtown to get signed. I've heard lots of good things about it and from reading the blurb it sounds just like my kind of book!

Have you read either of these books? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...