Thursday 9 October 2014

September 2014 Wrap Up

Books I read in September:
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern [my review here]
Rating: 5/5
Austenland by Shannon Hale [my review here]
Rating: 3.5/5
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Rating: 5/5

Only another three books this month! Oops. I really need to start picking up my reading pace if I'm going to complete my Goodreads challenge this year...

The first book I read in September was Where Rainbows End. I was a bit reluctant to read this book at first because of its format (it's written in letters, emails etc. between the characters) but I really enjoyed it in the end! It's such a sweet book and although I think the film (Love, Rosie) will be quite different from the book from what I've seen of the trailers so far, I'm still very excited to see it! I did a review on this book which is available here.

The next book I read was Austenland. While I did enjoy it, I found that I actually enjoyed the film adaptation more which was a shame because I was really looking forward to this book! I also did a review on this book as well so if you'd like to read it you can do so here.

The last book I read in September was Isla and the Happily Ever After. I absolutely loved this book! The first few chapters had me grinning like an absolute maniac on the bus! I think Anna and the French Kiss is still my favourite out of the three, but Isla was definitely a lovely, lovely book and a great conclusion to the trilogy.

Just a quick note before I go - as I'm back at uni now and already pulling my hair out about essay deadlines (!!), I'm going to stop doing my monthly TBR lists for a while. I'm just literally going to pick up whatever books I fancy now so hopefully it'll encourage me to read more frequently!

What did you read in September? Have you read any of these books?

Book cover images from Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I marathoned the whole Throne Of Glass series at the beginning of the month, which are incredibly awesome! I also read The Queen Of The Tearling, The Giver, The Distance Between Us, and Anna And The French Kiss, though with uni beginning again I have so many assignments to do that I probably won't read as much until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a brilliant reading month! I really want to read the rest of the Throne of Glass series and The Queen Of The Tearling! I'm in the same situation with uni though. I'm trying to read on the bus in and out of uni but it's very slow progress! x

      Delete
  2. I Loved Isla and the Happily Ever After - such a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...