Friday 16 January 2015

December 2014 Book Haul

From L to R:
The Lord of the Rings (one volume edition) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Katherine by Anya Seton
Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling

When we were staying with my Aunt around New Year we visited an antique centre nearby where she lives which I always love poking around for books! There are rooms with books stacked to the ceiling with books so it can be a bit of a challenge to search through them all but there are some great finds to be had. I picked up a one volume edition of The Lord of the Rings and Katherine as reading copies. I've been meaning to finish off LOTR for a while now so I thought this book would be perfect for doing so as I can just chuck it in my University bag and read it on the bus. Katherine by Anya Seyton is another book I've been meaning to read for a while as its my Mum's all-time favourite book so I'm eager to see if its something I'd like as well.

Finally I also bought this old copy of Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling. My boyfriend found it hidden away in one of the stalls and pointed out that is has swastikas on the cover and spine so it is indeed very old! The cover is also made of a gorgeous buttery-soft leather and it was only £5 so I couldn't resist buying it as a curiosity.

Have you read any of these books?

Currently reading: My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins
Currently drinking: Detox tea by Pukka Teas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...