Friday 20 February 2015

January 2015 Book Haul

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Miniaturist (Waterstones exclusive edition) by Jessie Burton
Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore
Emma by Alexander McCall Smith
Angelology by Danielle Trussoni

Better late than never, right...? *cough*

As you can see, I've been really good at sticking to my 2015 resolution of buying less books. Heh. I would point out that I only bought most of these as I came across them in charity shops but my February book haul is turning out to be just as bad as this one...

Anyway! I seemed to go a bit classics crazy in January. I'm currently reading Persuasion so I've bought the Penguin Clothbound version to replace my battered reading copy on my bookself. I also picked up The Hound of the Baskervilles to hopefully use in a reading challenge sometime this year as its pretty slim. It's one of those books that I've always been meaning to read as its set near where I live so it would be good to get this one crossed off my TBR soon. I was also excited to come across these near-perfect copies of Emma by Alexander McCall Smith and Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore in a charity shop. I believe Emma only came out a couple of months ago, it's a rewrite of Emma by Jane Austen and is set in the 21st century so I'm really looking forward to reading it. Along with Lorna Doone (which has such a pretty cover) I only paid £5 for the both of them! Gotta love charity book shops.

 I also *had* to buy the beautiful Waterstones exlusive edition of The Miniaturist before it sold out. I mean, just how pretty?

Currently reading: Persuasion by Jane Austen
Currently drinking: Pineapple & Grapefruit Green Tea by Twinings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...