Tuesday 16 June 2015

The Top Ten Books On My Summer Reading List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about this meme click here and you can view their post on this week's theme here.

Summer! Freedom from exams, coursework and stupid amounts of stress for four whole months! This summer I mainly want to stick to contemporary/young adult books as they're my favourite kind of easy-reading books which will be perfect for reading curled up in the sunshine! Also as one of my bookish resolutions this year was to finish off some of the series I've started, I've included a few books to work towards this goal.

In no particular order:
1. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
I've just started reading this and it seems like a really cute and fluffy read - perfect for the summer!

2. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
The film adaptation comes of The Longest Ride comes out in the UK this week so hopefully I'll get the chance to read this before I see the film. The storyline looks so adorable/heartbreaking from the film's trailer!

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I know next-to-nothing about this book (I didn't even read the description before ordering it!) I've just seen it raved about everywhere so I thought I'd give it a go. Plus as it's a fairly slim book, I'm hoping I can save it to use for BookTube-A-Thon later this summer.

4. The 100 by Kass Morgan
I absolutely devoured the first two seasons of The 100 TV show so I'm hoping I'll love the books too. So many kickass female characters! Plus Bellamy Blake *swoons*.

5. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen & 6. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Another two books I don't know much about but I've seen being mentioned a lot! They both look like they'll be cute, quick reads though which I'm looking forward to breezing through.

7. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
There's currently a TMI readathon going on on Twitter in the lead-up to the new television adaptation where you read one book of the series per month, starting in June. I haven't read the last book in the series yet as I need to re-read the rest of the series beforehand, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to finish this series without having to attempt to re-read all the previous books in one go!

8. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
This book sounds so cute! I'm looking forward to catching up with Mia and Adam's stories again and as this book is the second of a duology, that'll be another series checked off my list.

9. All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
I absolutely love Carrie Fletcher for her lovely, positive personality so I had to buy her book when I saw it in Waterstones! I hope this will make a lovely, feel-good summer read!

10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I read Insurgent about two years ago but I still haven't read Allegiant yet. However I saw Insurgent in cinemas recently so I have no excuse not to get this one finished off this summer!

What are you planning on reading this summer? Have you read any of the books I plan to read?

Currently reading: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Currently drinking: Chai Tea by Twinings
Currently listening to: Love Me Right by EXO

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series, but with all the excitement over the TV show it made me want to pick up the books. I've actually started reading City of Bones this month. I didn't know there was a readalong going on. I'll have to check it out.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hope you enjoy them! I think the tag on twitter is #TMIreadathon :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...