Tuesday 30 June 2015

June 2015 Wrap Up

Books I read in June (in order read):
Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
Rating: 5/5
On The Fence by Kasie West
Rating: 3.5/5
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Rating: 3/5
Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine [my review here]
Rating: 4/5
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (re-read)
Rating: 5/5

June was the first full month of my summer break from University so it was lovely to get back into reading properly again. The first book I read this month was Far From The Madding Crowd. I went to see the film adaptation with Carey Mulligan and Matthias Schoenaerts at the end of May and I fell in love with the story immediately so I went out and bought a copy of the book to read before I went to see the film again (I really do love that film!). I really enjoyed the book. I love the characters, Hardy's Wessex... I just love everything. I can definitely see this becoming one of those books that I will re-read over and over.

I also read On The Fence by Kasie West and A Little Something Different by Jenny Valentine. These were both great summer reads as they were cute, fluffy, quick reads. I don't think I'd re-read either of these but they were enjoyable stories so if you're looking for some cute, quick reads to add to your summer reading list then I'd definitely recommend these two.

I was also kindly sent Fire Colour One to review by Maximum Pop! Books. I didn't really know what to expect from this book as I've not read any of Jenny Valentine's books before but I was very pleasantly surprised by Fire Colour One. It's very different to anything I've read before which was nice to encounter!

Finally I re-read City of Bones for the #tmireadathon on twitter. It was so lovely to be in the Shadowhunter world again; I forgot how much I loved these books. I'm really looking forward to carrying on the series with City of Ashes in July now.

What did you read in June? Have you read any of these books?

Currently reading: Nothing at the moment!
Currently drinking: Blueberry White Iced Tea by AriZona
Currently listening to: Dope by BTS

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked City of Bones!! I really need to read something by Kasie West but I'm hoping to get my hands on the full-in boyfriend soon. Same goes for A Little Something Different! Can't wait to read that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll have to add that to my TBR list - I really need to read more of her books. On The Fence was so cute! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...