Tuesday 9 June 2015

May 2015 Book Haul

The 100 by Kass Morgan
Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure & The Kill Order by James Dashner

Hey! Sorry for being absent recently (my last blog post being in March...) but my Spring term at uni ended up being pretty full-on. But I've broken up for the Summer now so I feel like I can breath again! I visited my boyfriend at his parent's house soon after my exams and straight away I went back to one of my favourite pastimes - book shopping! I found Bloodlines and The 100 in charity bookshops for around £1 each! I started Vampire Academy, one of Richelle Mead's other series a while ago and while I haven't got round to finishing it yet I really enjoyed it and I've heard so many great this about this new series. I just need to get round to actually finishing VA now...!

I binged-watched both seasons of The 100 right before I started my exam revision and... Wow. The show is so incredible and it's jam-packed with badass heroines so the book series the show is based on has been on my TBR list ever since. I've heard the books are quite different to the show but I'm looking forward to reading some Bellamy x Clarke canon!

I also watched Far From The Madding Crowd just before I went to my boyfriend's and fell head-over-heels for the story (especially Gabriel Oak. Oh. My.) so I scoured all the charity shops we went in for a copy of the novel but lots of other people must have had the same idea as I couldn't find a copy anywhere! However Waterstones saved the day with this beautiful film tie-in edition for only £4.99 (you can see the cover here).

Lastly, we also visited The Works and when we went in they were doing an offer on The Maze Runner box sets which were reduced to just £5! I've been meaning to start this series for a while as I saw the film a while ago and loved the storyline so I'm looking forward to starting these. Hopefully I can read at least the first two before the next film comes out.

Have you read any of these books? What do you think of them?

Currently reading: Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
Currently drinking: Pure Green Tea by Clipper
Currently listening to: I Wanna Know by Legend

2 comments:

  1. I started watching The 100 but didn't really get into it but I'm yet to try the books! I really want to try Bloodlines but I might have to actually read Vampire Academy first...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found The 100 really hard to get into to begin with but it gets much better as it goes on! And I haven't finished Vampire Academy yet but it is an amazing series so hopefully you'd enjoy it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...