Thursday 11 July 2013

Meeting Cassandra Clare, Jamie Campbell Bower and Sarah Rees Brennan!

WARNING: picture heavy post!
My ticket for the signing
Outside the church
Waiting for the Q&A session to begin
The books I bought at the signing
Queuing to get my books signed - you can just about see Sarah and Cassandra. Shame I didn't get a picture of Jamie!
My signed books!

I still cannot believe that at this time last week I was travelling back home from meeting Cassandra Clare, Jamie Campbell Bower and Sarah Rees Brennan! The event was held by Waterstones (whose staff were very lovely) in St James's Church in Piccadilly and consisted of a Q&A session with the authors and Jamie and then a book signing afterwards. Jamie even surprised us by playing two of his songs which were honestly so good. I've had 'Get Your Guns' on repeat ever since last week!

All three were so chatty and friendly but unfortunately by the time I got to the signing table we were being rushed through so I didn't really get the chance to talk to Cassandra Clare but both Sarah and Jamie were sweet to me when I met them. What a shame I suddenly became all shy and couldn't manage more than a smile and a couple of words!

I am so glad I overcame my nerves about going on my own and went to this event! It was great to meet more fans of the books, especially @ohmyeverdeen who very kindly helped me navigate the London Underground afterwards.

If you'd like to watch the event yourself it was filmed by @tmibritain and I've linked all her videos from YouTube here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...