Monday 29 July 2013

July 2013 Book Haul


From top to bottom:
City of Bones The Little Book of Quotes - £7.99 from the Waterstones book signing
City of Bones Postcard Collection - £5.99 from the Waterstones book signing
Navigating the Shadow World - £6.55 from Amazon
City of Lost Souls - £7.99 from Waterstones
City of Bones Movie Tie-In Novel - £7.99 from the Waterstones book signing
Clockwork Prince - £7.99 from Waterstones
Clockwork Princess - £10.99 from Waterstones
The Novice - Gift
The Magicians' Guild - Gift
Angelfall - £6.99 from Waterstones
Insurgent - £7.99 from Waterstones
Divergent - £7.99 from Waterstones
Unspoken - £6.99 from the Waterstones book signing
The Cuckoo's Calling - £13.99
The Casual Vacancy - £3.99 from a charity shop

I know the amount of books I've bought this month does look insane but I did attend a book signing, plus Waterstones were doing a buy one get one half-price deal so that makes it okay... right? Besides my boyfriend gifted me The Novice and The Magicians' Guild so I've only actually paid for 13 of these books... quite harmless really... *cough*

Aside from the books I bought at the book signing at the start of the month (blog post on that here), I also bought City of Lost Souls, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess, Angelfall, Divergent and Insurgent as I'd already read them my Kindle and loved them all so I wanted a physical copy of each to display on my bookshelf.

In addition, being a massive Harry Potter fan, when I heard about JK Rowling being revealed as having written The Cuckoo's Calling under a pseudonym (article on this here), I naturally had to rush out and buy it straight away! I also found a really good copy of  her other adult book, The Casual Vacancy so I'm hoping to read them both soon.

As well as buying a ridiculous amount of books I also bought an even sillier amount of TMI/TID-related merch but in an effort to keep this post from being double its size I thought I'd save that for another time!

Here's hoping I can control my book and related merchandise buying compulsions in August...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul. You've got some fun and interesting reading in front of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...